How to create a price sheet from scratch in Plytix PIM
In Plytix, you can create product sheets, sell sheets, and product catalogs in a matter of minutes. Simply design a line sheet template and Plytix will automatically populate it with the products and attributes you choose. This means, no more having to manually add products or edit information. Just load, and export. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to create, design, and add products to your product sheets.
- Create a new Product Sheet template
- Add attributes you want to use
- Customize the attribute for output
- Design the layout
- Preview your Product Sheet
ℹ️ To create a Product Sheet in Plytix, you must have a PRO account or an active trial account.
Creating a Product Sheet template
To create a new Product Sheet template in Plytix:
- Click on "Catalogs" in the top navigation menu
- Choose "Product Sheets" from the dropdown. This will take you to the Product Sheet overview page
- Click on "Create a Product Sheet"
- Name your new Product Sheet template
- Click "Create". You will be taken directly to your Product Sheet Details page
Adding attributes to include in your Product Sheet
After creating your new template, you must add the attributes you will want to include in the layout.
To do this:
- Click "Add attributes" in the Product Sheet detail page
- Choose the user attributes you want to include from the Available attributes section
- These will show up in the Selected attributes section.
- To create a computed attribute, click on "+ New computed attribute" under Selected attributes and name the new computed attribute
- Click "Add attributes"
- Back in the template detail page click "Save changes"
Customizing attributes for output
From the template detail page, you can change the output label name and format of attributes. This lets you personalize your sheet for different customers or stakeholders.
To change output label:
- Click on the output label you want to change
- Type in the new label name
- Press "enter" on your keyboard (clicking on the page will NOT save the new name)
- Click "Save changes" at the top of the page
To format an attribute:
- Hover over the attribute row you want to format
- Click on the settings icon that appears all the way to the right (This icon will only appear for attributes that can be formatted)
- Define the format settings and click "Okay" or "Test and Apply"
Designing your template
Designing your template is the most important part of creating your Product Sheets because it defines how products and attributes will be displayed. You can add images, descriptions, titles and more. You can also adjust the branding elements of your Product Sheet to match your company branding.
To design how you want your Product Sheets to look, click "Designer" on the top-right corner of the template detail page.
In the Product Sheet designer:
- Define your document settings (page size, orientation)
- Set up how you want your products displayed (position of products and attributes)
- Define your Product Sheet layout (columns, products per page, etc.)
- Create static pages (title pages, informative pages, front and back cover)
- Add a header
- Add a footer
⚠️ We recommend defining your the document settings first so your preview will reflect the space and orientation you choose. Changing this later can result in loss of content.
Preview your Product Sheet during design
While designing your Product Sheet you can preview how it will look on export by:
- Clicking "Change" on the top-right corner of the designer
- Choose a product example to view
- Click "Select product"
This will show you how the template will look when the given product is applied.
Now you've designed a Product Sheet template:
- Learn how to export product content in a Product Sheet
- Learn how your customers can download your products from a Brand Portal
- Learn how to design Brand Portals
If you run into any trouble or have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇