How to configure the format of an XML feed in Plytix
In Plytix, you can build out XML feeds without resorting to code. Our XML Channel builder helps you set up feeds for different vendors and partners. In this article, we will show you how to define the data format for XML Channels in Plytix.
⚠️ Please refer to the documentation of the feed consumer to get blueprints on how to build your feed template. Example feeds are super helpful when building out your feeds in Plytix.
XML Channel Format Tab
In this article we are focusing on the "Format" tab of the XML Channel.
The standard layout of a newly created XML feed in Plytix has the following items pre-populated:
- The header (cannot be changed)
- A products node with a subnode containing all your products and attributes pre-populated based on your settings from the "Attributes" and "Products" tabs.
On the left you have the feed you can build (1), and on the right is a preview of how your feed looks (2).
Press the "+ Add Node" button to insert a new node (3), or click the "Add Subnode" icon, to insert a node nested below the select node (4).
Click the "Double arrow" icon to expand or collapse a node (5). If you want to adjust the settings for a parent or child node, you can click the settings button (6).
Node Settings and Configuration
Pressing the "settings" icon on a node, opens up the settings panel on the right side of your screen (1).
Here you can configure your node:
- Set your "Node tag" (2)
- Apply an "attribute" and a "value" (3)
- Add more attributes (4)
- Change the placement of your node (5).
If you have multiple sub-nodes connected to a node on the same hierarchy level, you can drag and drop to change the order of the sub-nodes in that hierarchy level (1).
- Learn how to set up a feed for Facebook Catalog Manager
- Learn how to set up a feed for Google Manufacturing Center
- Learn more about Channel management
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇