How to set and manage permissions for team roles
Team roles is a PRO feature that allows admins in an account to create custom permissions for users. Team roles with custom permissions makes team collaboration in Plytix seamless. In this article you will learn about the different permission types and what they do.
When you create a team role, you must set the role's permissions. Permissions are grouped in three main sections: Account Management, Product Information Management, and Analytics.
To the right of each section, you will see a toggle switcher. You can toggle these switchers to turn the permission for the role you are managing to "Yes" or "No" access.
- If the switcher is ON for Accounts, users with this role will be able to edit and view all of the Account Administration area.
- If the switcher is ON for Analytics, users with this role will be able to edit and view all of the Analytics section.
- If the switcher is ON for PIM, a new section will open up with more granular settings for the PIM permissions.
Here you are able to set the permission types to "edit", "view", or in some cases "nothing".
|Edit||This role can add and delete information.|
|View||This role can only read information and cannot make any changes. This permission allows users to export and filter information from the Product Overview.|
|Nothing||This role cannot view this information or area.|
PIM permissions include:
- Products - This covers all aspects of managing products, importing, and product lists. This only has two options: Edit and View.
- Files - This covers all aspects of managing files and file lists. This only has two options: Edit and View.
- E-Catalogs (Brand Portals) - This covers the E-Catalog Designers. This only has all options: Edit, View, and Nothing.
- PDF Templates (Product Sheets) - This covers the PDF Designers. This only has all options: Edit, View, and Nothing.
- Channels - This covers the Channels area. This only has all options: Edit, View, and Nothing.
- Settings - These are yes/no settings for editing different settings. For example, if you have access to ATTRIBUTES you will be able to add, remove, and group attributes in the system. If you do not have access, you will not be able to see this area in the PIM.
ℹ️ Permissions for Brand Portals, Product Sheets, and Channels will only appear if that module is activated in your account.
- Create new team roles
- Learn about the default system roles
- Learn how teams can collaborate in Plytix
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇