How to set and manage permissions for team roles
Team roles is a paid feature that allows admins in an account to create custom permissions for users. Team roles with custom permissions make for seamless team collaboration in Plytix. In this article you will learn about the different permission types and what they do.
*Skip to any section in this article by clicking on the links above
When you create a team role, you must set the role's permissions. Permissions are grouped into Account Management and Product Information Management (PIM).
To the right of each section, you will see a toggle. You can toggle these switches to turn the permission on/off for the role you are managing.
- If the switch is toggled ON for Accounts, users with this role will be able to edit and view all of the Account Administration area.
- If the switch is toggled ON for PIM, a new section will open up with more granular settings for the PIM permissions.
If the switch is toggled ON for PIM permissions, you will see a new set of permissions.
Here you are able to set the permission types to 'Edit,' 'View,' or in some cases 'None.'
|This permission allows a user to add and delete information.
|This permission allows a user to read information, but not to make changes. In the case of products, this permission allows users to export and filter information from the Product Overview.
|This permission means a user cannot view this information or area.
PIM permissions include:
- Products - This covers all aspects of managing all products, and product lists. This only has two options: Edit and View.
NOTE: Users with "View" access will not be able to edit products or attributes.
Under "product-level access," you can edit permission rights for:
- Attributes: This limits whether a user can change attribute values at a product-level or only view attributes. You can also manage permissions for specific attributes; learn how to do it here.
- Families: Here you can choose whether a role can edit or only view the families and variants tab at a product-level.
- Categories: When you select "Edit" for this option, the role will be able to assign categories at a product-level or modify what categories products belong to.
- Relationships: When this option is set as "Edit," the role will be able to add or remove relationships at a product-level.
- Import: Here you can choose what kind of permission the role will have when it comes to accessing imports, feeds, profiles, and logs. This can be set as "Edit," "View" or "None." If "None" is selected, the role will not have any access to import information.
- Settings Management:
In this section you can edit permission rights for the "Settings" tab ( you can find it located next to the "Channels" tab in the banner options of the page). In this tab, roles can either edit the information or not have access to it at all ("Edit"/"None").
- Assets - This covers all aspects of managing assets and asset lists. This only has two options: Edit and View. Asset Category settings also have only two options: Edit and None.
- Connections - This permission affects access to Dropbox and FTP connections. This only has two options: Edit and None.
- Brand Portals - This covers the ability to see, create, and use Brand Portals and the Brand Portal Designer. This has all options: Edit, View, and None.
- Product Sheets - This covers the ability to see, create, and use Product Sheets and the Product Sheet Designer. This has all options: Edit, View, and None.
- Channels - This covers the Channels area. This has all options: Edit, View, and None.
ℹ️ Permissions for Brand Portals, Product Sheets, and Channels will only appear for outputs activated in your account.
Attribute-level permissions allow you to set whether individual attributes can be edited or only viewed by users in your account. Unlike team roles, attribute-level permissions can be found by clicking on 'Settings' in the main navigation bar. Learn how to set permissions at an attribute-level here.
- Learn how to create new team roles
- Learn how to set attribute-level permissions
- Learn how teams can collaborate in Plytix
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇