How to build a category structure for your products in Plytix
Setting up product categories helps you navigate your product catalog more efficiently by sorting products into groups. In this article, we will show you how to create and work with categories in Plytix.
ℹ️ The product categories you set up for navigating your catalog can also be applied as filters when using an E-Catalog.
Creating Product Categories
To create and manage your product categories:
- Navigate to "Settings" in the top menu (1)
- Open the "Product categories" section (2).
- On the left you can navigate your taxonomy, and access all underlaying subcategories (3). On the right you add and manage your categories/subcategories(4).
Whenever you click a category or sub category in the left column (1), the underlaying data from that section will become visible and editable on the right column (2).
From here, to create a new category structure:
- Click the "Category Index" (1) section to add new root categories (2)
- The click "Add Category" (3)
- Write the name of the new category you want to add to your category tree here
Reordering and Editing Product Categories
Every time you create a new part of your taxonomy, you can adjust the content within the taxonomy level by drag and dropping it around (1).
Editing, moving and deleting
If you want to change something for a category, you can hover over a category and action buttons will appear.
- Press "Edit" (1) to change the name of the category.
- Press "Move" (2) to change the position of the category.
- And press the x-"Delete" icon to delete the category completely (3).
If you choose to "Move" the category a new window will appear, you either select a category to move it to, or you write in a name, in the search function, of the location on the taxonomy tree you want the category to be at (1) and press move (2).
Now, all you need to do is apply your categories to your different products.
- Find out more about how to assign products to categories
- Learn how to create and manage asset categories
- Learn how to set up product variations
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇