How to ensure an asset won't be crawled by search engines
Marking an Asset as "Private" ensures that search engines cannot crawl the URL in Plytix or in the E-catalogs. That way, if you share those file URLs with any user or customer and they publish them somewhere, Google and other search engines won't crawl them and they won't be listed on a search.
Note that this won't prevent a file to be added into a E-Catalog or a Feed, in case you want to share private files internally you can do so by adding them.
We recommend you to link private product files to a specific Media Gallery attribute in case you want to separate them from the rest of the product pictures and avoid sharing them publicly.
How to Set Privacy (Individual)
- Navigate to the asset's Detail Page
- Click the colored globe button next to the asset label
- From the dropdown, choose if you want the asset URL to be Public or Private
How to Set Privacy (Bulk)
- Navigate to the Asset Overview
- Select the assets you want to set as either Public or Private
- Choose the bulk action: Set Privacy
- Select the option you want and click SAVE