How to create Computed Attributes in Plytix for transforming outputs on Channels, E-Catalogs, and PDFs
Computed Attributes help you transform your attribute outputs using formulas (think spreadsheet formulas). This removes the need to keep duplicate attributes in your account when a channel requires you to format it differently. All you need to do is apply a computed attribute to transform it on output. This feature is available for Channels, E-Catalogs, and PDF Templates. In this article, we will show you how and where to create them.
Creating Computed Attributes
- Navigate to the Channel, E-Catalog, or PDF Template you want to add a Computed Attribute to
- Open the "Attributes" tab, where you manage all your attributes
- Click "Add Attributes" to open the attribute selection area
- Then on the right panel you will see a button that says "Add New Computed Attribute"
- Click this and add a new name to identify the Computed Attribute. This will be the attribute label.
- Click "OK"
- Then save your changes
- Your new attribute will appear in the attribute list with a warning "Not Defined"
- To start creating your formulas for this new attribute click the "Options" icon on the right
- Learn how to create, edit, and test formulas for Computed Attributes
- Learn more about attribute types
- Check out how to create an XML feed for Google Merchant Center
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇