Frequently asked questions about Plytix's answer to e-catalogs: the Brand Portal
*Skip to any question by clicking on the links above
Why doesn't X show up in my brand portal?
Because of the different ways you can customize the information displayed in your brand portal, it can sometimes be a little tricky to figure out how and where pieces of information will appear in the designer. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Make sure the attributes you want to include have been added to your brand portal in the attribute tab before you enter the designer.
- Select the right type of component for the attribute you want to display. If you choose an attribute component to display an image rather than a gallery component, you will instead display the URL.
- If you want to display only your parent products on the main page of your brand portal, toggle on the “Group variations with parent” switch. You can then show variations by adding a variations component within the product page of each product.
- If you want to display videos as part of product listings in your brand portal, you can do this by using an HTML attribute and embedding the video URL in an iframe.
- If you don’t like the way information is displayed within a component, consider using a computed attribute to change or customize it.
What’s the difference between attributes, featured attributes and components in brand portals?
When creating brand portals, the first thing you need to do is add attributes in the “Attributes” tab. Add any attributes that you may want to use; you can decide which ones to display and how they look when you open the designer.
On the product overview page of the designer, you’ll see a section called “Featured Attributes.” Here you can choose up to three attributes (excluding HTML and media attributes) that will be displayed below the product title of each product on the main page of your brand portal.
To select components that appear on the detail page of each product, you’ll need to turn off the auto-fill view toggle in the “Product page” area. You can then select from four different types of components: attributes, gallery, variations, relationships. Basically, these are just different sections of information. If you want to show pictures of your product, choose a gallery attribute. If you want to show “Other products you may like,” select a relationships attribute.
How do I create direct links to individual products in my Brand Portal?
If you want to obtain a file that contains a URL for each SKU you have in a Brand Portal, you can use the following formula in a computed attribute in a CSV/XLSX channel:
To make the formula work for your Brand Portal, you will need:
- the first part of the URL of your brand portal
- Product ID for all products to which you want to create links
- A channel with a computed attribute that contains the formula above
ℹ️ Be sure to include the products you want to generate links for in the Brand Portal's product list.
Process the channel to generate a file with the desired URLs. These links can then be used for displaying your product information in a graphic way, such as embedding product links in webpages.
I want to add some YouTube videos on my products for customers to see on a Brand Portal. How do I do this?
You can do this by using an HTML attribute and embedding the video URL in an iframe.
How to embed a video in an iframe?
1. Obtain the video URL. Some video streaming platforms allow you to copy the embed code with the URL already nested in the iframe. If this isn't possible, you can simply paste the URL into an iframe code.
2. In your Plytix account, create an HTML attribute. You can either import it or paste the embed code into the WYSIWYG editor when editing the HTML attribute by clicking on the 'Code view' or </> button. Don't forget to save changes!
3. In your brand portal settings, under the Attributes tab, add the HTML attribute. You can change the output label here if you want. Then go to the Designer to add the attribute to a component.
4. In the designer, under the Product page tab, click on the '+ Add' button next to "Components" at the bottom of the "Product page" panel.
5. Choose an 'Attribute' component and name it.
6. Back on the panel, add the HTML attribute to the component by clicking the '+ Add' button next to "Attributes" at the bottom of the Attributes grid component panel.
Voila! You've embedded a video on your brand portal. 😎
- Learn how to create a Brand Portal
- Learn about using the Brand Portal designer
- Check out the overview of Brand Portal settings
Don't see your question here? Click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer it...
and please let us know 👇