How to create Computed Attributes in Plytix for transforming outputs on Channels, Brand Portals, and Product Sheets.
Computed Attributes help you transform your attribute outputs using formulas (think spreadsheet formulas). This removes the need to keep duplicate attributes in your account when a channel requires you to format it differently. All you need to do is apply a computed attribute to transform it on output. This feature is available for Channels, Brand Portals, and Product Sheets. In this article, we will show you how and where to create them.
Creating Computed Attributes
- Navigate to the Channel, Brand Portals, or Product Sheets you want to add a Computed Attribute to
- Open the "Attributes" tab, where you manage all your attributes
- Click "Add Attributes" to open the attribute selection area
- Then on the right panel you will see a button that says "Add New Computed Attribute"
- Click this and add a new name to identify the Computed Attribute. This will be the attribute label.
- Click "OK"
- Then save your changes
- Your new attribute will appear in the attribute list with a warning "Not Defined"
- To start creating your formulas for this new attribute click the "Options" icon on the right
- Learn how to create, edit, and test formulas for Computed Attributes
- Learn more about attribute types
- Check out how to create an XML feed for Google Merchant Center
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇