How to create and access additional Plytix accounts from your user profile
Did you know anyone can create and access additional Plytix accounts directly from their user profile? That's right. No need to use a different email or log out and back in when working across multiple accounts.
Why you may need an additional account
How to add an account from an existing account
How to navigate between accounts
Add a supplier account to your main account
*Skip to any section in this article by clicking on the links above
Why have multiple accounts?
There are various reasons why a user might need a second (or third) account.
- Test or sandbox account
- Train new collaborators
- Empty account
- Company with different brands
- Sister company
- Supplier account (more information below)
Whatever the reason, you can quickly create a new Free account while logged in.
When logged in to your user account, you can navigate between all the accounts you either own or have joined. But remember, these accounts are completely separate from one another. This means collaborators in account "A" cannot see information in account "B," unless they are also invited to that account. It also means information does not transfer between accounts.
⚠️ Accounts are independent from one another. Information from one account does not transfer to another automatically. If you want the same information in two accounts you will need to update each one individually.
How to create an additional account
If you already have a Plytix account you can create an additional account directly from the platform.
To add a new account:
- Click on your user thumbnail in the top right corner of the platform.
- Select 'Add new.'
- Add your new account details.
- Company name (this will be the account name)
- Company website (remember to include https://)
- Company type
- Choose whether you want an account with sample data or an empty account.
- Click 'Create account.'
Navigating between accounts
When you have multiple accounts connected to your user profile you can easily navigate through them without needing to log out and back in. To do so, follow the same steps as above until you reach the user side menu on the right.
In the side menu you will find all the accounts you have access to: both by invitation and creation. Click on an account name to enter it.
Adding a supplier account to your main account
One reason you may want to create additional accounts is to give access to your suppliers to import information directly into Plytix. By providing them a separate account from your main account, they will only be able to see and edit the information they import. But how do you pull information from a supplier account into your primary account? It's easy!
- Follow the steps in the "How to create an additional account" section above. Fill out the field's with your supplier's company information.
- In the new account, create attributes by importing a few of your products as a sample and completing the data matching process. Alternatively, create attributes manually from the 'Settings' area of the new account.
- Invite new users to the account by entering the account admin and selecting 'Invite users to your account' from the Team tab. You can find more detailed instructions here.
- The next step is to reach out to your customer success manager so they can enable a channel for your supplier account (and a new feed for your main account if needed). Create a CSV channel in your supplier account with all of the attributes you want to import to your main account.
- Lastly, form the connection between the two accounts by setting up an import feed using the link from the supplier account's CSV channel. Learn more about setting up import feeds here.
- When your supplier adds products to their account, the new information will be regularly pulled into your account on the schedule you set.
💡 If you want to have multiple accounts for suppliers, we recommend setting up a single account with all your attributes as a template. This can then be cloned by our tech team into as many supplier accounts as needed.
- Learn how to join an account
- Learn how to invite users to an account
- Learn about creating and managing team roles
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇