How to add, delete, and manage users in your Plytix account
This article will go over how to add, delete, and manage users, and transfer account ownership. You may skip to a specific section of this article by clicking on the links below.
ℹ️ Only Owners and Admins have permissions to complete these actions.
Accessing team settings
Inviting a new user
- Click on 'Invite users to your account'.
- Type in the user e-mail.
- Assign a role to this user (we will go over how to change the user role in the next section).
- Click 'Send invitation'.
- 5. Now the user will be visible under the "Invitations" tab where you can click 'Copy invitation link' if you wish to send the invitation this way instead of directly via email.
ℹ️ An invitation will be sent to the new user via email. They will need to accept this invitation in order to join your account. They can only use the link provided in the email once. The link expires after 15 days, in which case you must resend the invitation for the user to join the account.
Changing a user's role
To change a user's role:
The new role will be saved automatically.
💡 You can also assign roles to API keys!
Deleting an existing user
The account owner and admins can delete any user, regardless of user role in the "Team" tab. This will remove their access to the account in question. If a user has access to many accounts they must be deleted from each one.
ℹ️ Account owners cannot be deleted. The owner must first transfer ownership of the account to a different user.
To delete a user:
- Locate the user you would like to delete under Active Users
- Hover over the user's row
- Click on the bin icon that appears in the far right of the row
- Confirm your decision by clicking DELETE
⚠️ Deleting a user cannot be undone, however, you can always 're'-invite a deleted user.
Transferring account ownership
Ownership of an account can be transferred to a different user at any time. Only the current owner of the account has the permissions necessary to do this.
To transfer ownership of an account:
The ownership of the account will be transferred immediately. The previous owner will be given the role of 'Admin' by default.
⚠️ Transferring ownership of an account does NOT delete the previous owner. You must do this manually.
Now that you'll be collaborating with a team:
- Learn how to create custom Team Roles
- Check out the different permission types for roles
- Discover how our process logs can help you keep track of your account activity
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇