How to assign assets to products
One of the beautiful things about using a PIM is that you can link your products and your assets so that they are easy to use and find. In Plytix, you only need to upload your file once, and then you can use it in multiple places. In this article, we will explain the different ways to link or unlink an asset to a product so that they can be exported or used together.From the Asset Overview
From the Asset Detail Page
From a Product Detail Page
From the Product Editing Page (as an attribute)
💡 You can also associate assets to products upon import
To link an asset from the Assets overview screen:
- Select the asset(s) you want to link
- From the set of options that appear at the top of the table, click on "Link to..."
- From the dropdown of choices in the pop out, choose "Products"
- Select the products you want to link the asset to
- Click "Link" to complete the process
💡Use filters to find a selection of assets faster
⚠️ You can link no more than 300 assets to a product
Asset Detail Page
From the asset overview, click on an asset to enter the asset details page. This will take you to the "products" tab of the asset details page.
To link assets from the asset detail page:
- Click on "Link Products"
- In the pop-up that appears, choose the products you want to link
- Click "Link" finish linking the assets
To unlink an asset from a product:
- From the “Products” tab of the asset details page, select the products you would like to unlink
- From the additional options that appear above the table, click “Unlink”
Product Detail Page
To link assets directly from a product:
- From the All products page click on the product SKU you would like to edit to get to the product detail page
- Go to the "Assets" tab of the product details page
- Click "Link Assets" on the right
- In the pop-up that appears, choose to upload new files or link existing assets
When linking to existing assets, the pop up will show a list of all the assets in the PIM. From here:
- Select the asset(s) you want to link to your product
- Click "Link" to finish linking the assets
💡 You can view these assets in a list or in a grid.
Once linked, your assets will appear in the "Assets" tab of the product detail page, which you can think of as an overview of all the assets related to that product.
To unlink assets:
- Select the assets you would like to unlink
- Click the "Unlink" button that appears above the table
Product Editing Page (as an attribute)
You can also link assets to media attributes of a product. For example, you can add an image to a "Thumbnail" attribute.
ℹ️ This requires you to create media attribute types in the system.
To link assets as attributes:
- Go to a product's detail page
- Go to the "Attributes" tab which should be selected by default
- Find the media attribute you want to add assets to
- Hover your mouse over the attribute name and click on the pencil icon that appears before the name to edit that attribute
- Hover over the add files illustration and click on the pencil to link an asset
- To unlink an asset, hover over an asset and click on the trash can icon to unlink this asset
- Learn how to import and upload assets to Plytix
- Learn how to create attributes
- Check out how to export assets
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇