How to assign product relationships to different SKUs
After creating your relationships, it's time to put them into use.
You can assign relationships:
ℹ️ You can also assign relationships upon import. To see how to do this check out the Import Relationships section of Creating Relationships.
Assigning relationships from the Product Details Page
You can enter an individual product from the "Product Overview" by clicking on a product SKU. This will take you to the Product Details Page.
From the Product Details Page:
- Select the 'Relationships' tab
- Click 'Add related products'
- Select which relationship you want to assign and click 'Next'.
- Select the products with which you want to create a relationship. If you want to create a relationship that works both ways, check the 'Relate products back' box. Then click 'Add products'.
- You will now see the products related to your selected product.
💡 Note that product relationships are only applied to the product you select unless you check the 'Relate products back' box. This means that in the example above, checking the box will make the same relationship appear on both the blue bowl and the red, steel, and glass bowls. If the box was not checked, the relationship would only apply from the blue bowl to the other bowls selected, but not the inverse.
Assigning relationships from the product overview table
You can manage relationships to products directly from the product overview table in the "All products" section of the PIM. You can do this for one product, or many products.
From the product overview table:
- Select the products whose relationship you want to manage.
- Click 'Edit'.
- Select 'Relationships' at the top of the screen that appears.
- Select the action you want to accomplish ('add'/'remove')
- Select the 'Quantity' (only available if adding a relationship)
- Click 'Next'
- Select the product you want to relate.
- Click 'Save'
ℹ️ When managing relationships from the product overview table, you are able to add/remove one product to/from many products at once.
- Learn about product variations
- Learn how to add product relationships to Brand Portals
- Learn how to export relationships
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇