How to create and manage Table Views to customize what you see in the product overview table in Plytix
When you enter the Plytix PIM, you are taken to the product overview page where you can see your product in a table. You can select up to 50 attribute columns, to show in the product overview table by defining a Table View. This article will teach you how to create and customize, load, and manage your Table Views.
ℹ️ The first column in your table will always contain the product SKU. You can choose up to 50 additional attribute columns to include in your table.
- Creating Table Views
- Loading Table Views
- Managing Table Views
Creating Table Views
Creating Table Views give you a quick way of viewing a set of information you need about products. Create different views for marketing content, logistics data, data enrichment, you name it.
To create a Table View, you should first define the attributes in your table:
- From the product overview click on "Edit columns" to customize your table.
- Under available attributes, select the attributes you want to view in your table.
- Under selected attributes click and drag an attribute to change the view order or remove the ones you don't want in your table.
- Click "Save columns".
If you want to make sure that some of your columns stick to your view when moving around your table view, you can freeze up to 3 columns at a time.
Once you have frozen your columns, these will get separated via a vertical line from the rest of the columns.
Changing column width
To make the most out of your table view and slice and dice the data the way you want, you can also adapt the column width to display as much information as possible at one glance.
For this you can simply drag the column width to your liking, just like you know it from an excel sheet.
Saving Table Views
Once you have edited to columns to your liking you can save your Table View:
Choose if you want to update an existing view or create a new one.
Choose the table view you want to update from the dropdown or name the new Table View.
Click "Save view".
Your Table View is now saved and you can return to load it whenever you'd like.
ℹ️ You can also create a Table View from settings. To learn how to do this, scroll down to the "managing table views" section of this article.
Loading Table Views
To load a Table View:
1. Click on "unsaved view" in the bottom left corner of the product overview page.
2. Choose the table view you would like to load from the dropdown that appears
3. Once selected, the chosen table view will get immediately displayed
You will see the name of the table view that is currently displayed and you can switch at any time between different views.
The columns set in the Table View you've chosen will now appear in the product overview table.
Managing Table Views
You can also manage your Table Views from the "settings" tab.
To do this:
- Go to the navigation menu and click "Settings"
- On the left side menu, click on "Product table views".
You will see an overview of all your Table Views. From here you can:
- Create a Table View by clicking on the "+ Create view" button.
- View or edit attributes on a Table View by clicking on its name.
- Delete Table Views by selecting the checkmark next to the Table View name and click on the "delete" button.
ℹ️ For more details on managing Table Views from the Settings Tab, check out our article on how to create and manage product table views.
Learn how to use filters to search through products
- Create smart and static lists
- Learn how to edit your products
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇