How to upload a CSV template into your Channel to mirror specific requirements
Many third party channels (Amazon, Wayfair, eBay, Home Depot, and the list goes on…) have their own set of requirements when it comes to product data. For each channel you need a different set of attributes (some of them being mandatory, others optional) that should come in a specific naming convention and format. Usually this information is provided in a spreadsheet template that needs to be filled out. In this article you will learn how to upload any CSV template into your Channel to mirror any requirements.
Upload CSV template
Within a Channel you are now able to upload a CSV file template to mirror any template for a given channel. By simply matching attributes living in your PIM with the ones in the CSV template you will save a lot of time.
ℹ️ The CSV template should contain a different attribute name in the header row of each column in order to be read by our system correctly.
To upload a CSV template, simply:
- Head to the 'Attributes' tab within your Channel
- Click on 'Upload CSV template'.
- You'll be asked to drag a file to the designated area or click to upload a file from your computer. Once it loads, click 'Next'.
- This will generate a preview of the columns in your template. You can adjust the settings if needed, then click 'Next'.
- You'll then be asked if you want to auto-match attributes if the fields in your template are the same as your attributes in Plytix. Click 'Confirm' to finish the upload process.
ℹ️ If you choose to auto-match columns with existing attributes, you'll receive a notification at the bottom of your screen of how many attributes were successfully matched. If you do not wish to auto-match or if not all attributes were automatically matched, proceed to the next section, "Mapping Attributes" to complete the matching process.
Once you have uploaded the CSV template, you can match the required fields for the specific Channel with the attributes living in your PIM.
To do so:
- Click on the attribute you wish to map
- Map it either with an already existing attribute OR create a computed field
ℹ️ The attributes that you leave unmatched will still get displayed in the header row of the CSV file generated by this Channel but will not display any values.
Edit CSV template
If you have already some attributes in your Channel (by either adding them manually or uploading a CSV template) and choose to upload another CSV template you will have two options:
- Add attributes from the CSV template to the channel
- Remove all and replace existing attributes
When uploading a CSV template, not only the required output labels will be automatically displayed in the final URL feed generated by the Channel, but also the order of them.
The attributes will automatically be displayed in the manual sorting order of the template file. This means you will save a lot of time not having to manually change under the "Format tab" the output labels and the order of the attributes in which they should be displayed for each channel you are sending your data to.
- Learn how to create a smart product list
- Learn how to add a product list to a channel
- Learn about creating asset lists
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇