How to create, load, and manage Import Profiles in Plytix to save your import settings.
When importing a CSV file of your products and attributes you must go through a matching process. Import profiles let you save the settings you choose. This way, the next time you need to import a similar CSV file, you won't need to match all attributes all over again.
In this article, we will go over:
ℹ️ Import profiles are created and loaded when you are importing data
Creating and Updating an Import Profile
To create and/or update an Import Profile:
1. Follow the steps to import product data and match and choose your settings.
2. Click on "Save profile" above the File settings.
3. The "Manage profile" box will appear. Here you can:
- Update an existing profile by choosing the profile from the dropdown in the "Update existing Profile" tab.
b. Create a new profile by clicking on the "Create new Profile" tab and typing a name for your new profile.
4. Click "Save" on the bottom-right of the box.
⚠️ Only save your profile after choosing your import settings and matching the attributes you want to import, and right before you start your import.
Loading an Import Profile
To load an import profile:
1. Follow the steps to import product data.
2. Click on "Load profile" above the "File settings" area.
3. The "Manage profile" box will appear. Choose the file you want to load from the dropdown.
4. Click "Load".
The setting saved to that profile will now be applied to this import. You can verify that everything is correct and start your import.
Deleting Import Profiles
To delete an import profile:
- Go to the navigation menu and click "Products".
- Then click "Import" from the dropdown and you will be taken to the Import area.
- Click on "Profiles " on the left menu.
- Check the box next to the profiles you would like to delete.
- Click "Delete".
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇