How to add product attributes to a Brand Portal in Plytix
The first step in creating a brand portal is identifying the attributes you want to include in it. In this article, we will show you how to add and manage attributes to use in your brand portal.
How to add and delete attributes to use in a brand portal
To add attributes to a brand portal click on a brand portal's name. This will take you to the brand portal's details page where you will enter in the "Attributes" tab. The system attributes SKU and Thumbnail are added by default.
To add more attributes
- Click on "Add Attributes".
- Under "Available attributes" select the attributes or attribute groups you want in your brand portal. Attributes selected will appear under "Selected attributes" on the right.
You can also add a computed attribute by clicking "+ New computed attribute" and naming it.
- Click "Add attributes" to close the popup.
- Click "Save changes".
The attributes you've selected will appear in the "Attributes" tab.
ℹ️ Attributes can be added more than once.
💡 Use computed attributes to add static values.
To delete attributes added
- Hover over the row of the attribute you want to delete.
- Click on the "X" that appears at the right end of the row.
- Save changes.
How to change an attribute's output label
Once you've added the attributes you want to use in your brand portal you will see them in the "Attributes" tab. From here you can customize the output of the label of the attribute. This mean you can change the name of the attribute just for this brand portal.
- Click on the "output label" of the attribute you want to rename.
- Type in the new name and press "enter" on your keyboard.
- Save changes.
In the example above I have renamed "Video URL" to "Product Video". In my Plytix account, the attribute still remains as "Video URL" but in the portal visitors will see it as "Product Video".
How to format an attribute's output
Apart from renaming attributes on output, some attributes types allow for customization on output. Attributes available for formatting will have content under the "Formatting" column.
To do this
- Hover over the row of the attribute you want to format.
- Click on the settings icon that appears at the right end of the row (if no icon appears then the attribute is not customizable).
- Set your preferences
- Click "Okay".
Check out the different options below.
Customize the output value for true and false.
Use this for a static value or when using formulas.
Define the decimal separator and decimal precision.
- Learn how to design the layout of a brand portal
- Learn how to add products and assets to a brand portal
- Learn how to set the export preferences of a brand portal
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇