How to edit attributes, categories, or relationships across multiple products at once, or find and replace values in text attributes
The easiest and quickest way to update information across multiple products is to edit them in bulk. You can bulk edit information directly from the product overview table or by importing a spreadsheet.
*Skip to any section in this article by clicking on the links above
Using a Spreadsheet
To bulk edit products via import using a spreadsheet, follow the import instructions.
- Include a column with the product SKU.
- Include a column for each attribute you want to change or update.
- Define how to read data during the matching process (e.g. whether to add, overwrite, or erase information).
From the Product Overview Table
You can also edit products in bulk directly in Plytix.
To bulk edit products from the Product Overview table:
- Click on the 'Products' tab in the top navigation menu
- Select 'All products' from the dropdown
- In the table, select the products you want to edit (use filters to narrow down your selection)
- Click the 'Edit' button that appears above the table
- From here a window will appear that allows you to choose whether to edit attributes, categories, or relationships.
💡 If you have a family selected in the overview, you will see your selection appear when you click to edit products in bulk. If you see that a family is selected, you will only be able to view and edit attributes that are included in this family.
ℹ️ When selecting products you can select them manually, select all product in a page, or select an entire selection once you have filtered out a set of products.
⚠️ Note that if you select products page by page, your selection will be limited to 1,000 SKUs at a time.
The 'Attributes' option is selected by default. You may also edit 'Categories' or 'Relationships.' If you have a family selected in the product overview, you will see it just below these options. To edit your attributes:
- Select the attribute from the dropdown that you want to modify.
- Select or input the new value.
- Click 'Save'.
💡 You can update up to 3 attributes at a time. To do this select '+ Edit other attribute' before hitting save.
💡 You can delete values from attributes in bulk. For this you simply have to select the option 'Erase content and leave empty'.
ℹ️ When editing multiselect attributes in bulk, you have the option of replacing, removing or adding options.
To edit categories:
- Choose the 'Categories' option at the top
- Select the action you want to perform: 'add', 'replace', or 'remove'.
- Select the categories you want to add, replace or remove.
- Click 'Save'.
ℹ️ You may only complete one action (add, remove, replace) at a time.
- Choose the 'Relationship' option at the top.
- Select the attribute you want to edit.
- Select the relationship you would like to edit.
- Click 'Next'.
- Select the product from which you want to add or remove the association.
- Click 'Save'.
💡 When adding a relationship you can also set a quantity.
ℹ️ You can only add or remove one product relationship at a time.
Find and Replace
- Choose the 'Find and Replace' option at the top.
- Select the attribute within which you want to find text.
- Check the box to match case, if you want to only replace values with the same upper and lowercase characters as your target.
- Type the text you want to find in the "Find" text box.
- Type the text you want to replace it with in the "Replace" text box.
- Click 'Replace All'.
ℹ️ Only text attributes (short text, paragraph, and label) can be edited with the "find and replace" action.
- Learn how to create product lists
- Learn how to work with product relationships
- Learn how to create product categories
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇