How to edit attributes, categories, or relationships across multiple products at once
The easiest and quickest way to update information across multiple products is to edit them in bulk. You can bulk edit information directly from the product overview table or by importing a spreadsheet.
Bulk edit products:
Using a Spreadsheet
To bulk edit products via import using a spreadsheet, follow the import instructions.
- Include a column with the product SKU.
- Include a column for each attribute you want to change or update.
- Define how to read data during the matching process (e.g. whether to add, overwrite, or erase information).
From the Product Overview Table
You can also edit products in bulk directly in Plytix.
To bulk edit products from the Product Overview table:
- Click on the "Products" tab in the top navigation menu
- Select 'All products' from the dropdown
- In the table, select the products you want to edit (use filters to narrow down your selection)
- Click the "Edit" button that appears above the table
ℹ️ When selecting products you can select them manually, select all product in a page, or select an entire selection once you have filtered out a set of products.
⚠️ You can maintain the selection of multiple products across different pages for up to 1,000 SKUs at a time.
From here a window will appear that allows you to choose whether to edit attributes, categories, or relationships.
The Attributes option is selected by default. To edit your attributes:
- Select the attribute from the dropdown that you want to modify
- Select or input the new value
- Click "Save"
💡 You can update up to 3 attributes at a time. To do this select "+ Edit other attribute" before hitting save.
💡 You can delete values from attributes in bulk. For this you simply have to select the option "Erase content and leave empty".
ℹ️ When editing Multiselect Attributes in bulk, it will give you the option of replacing, removing or adding options
To edit categories:
- Choose the "Categories" option at the top
- Select the action you want to perform: add, replace, or remove
- Select the categories you want to add, replace or remove
- Click "Save"
ℹ️ You may only complete one action (add, remove, replace) at a time.
- Choose the "Relationship" option at the top
- Select the action you want to perform: add or remove
- Select the relationship you would like to edit
- Click "Next"
- Select the product you want to add or remove the association with
- Click "Save"
💡 When adding a relationship you can also set a quantity.
ℹ️ You can only add or remove one product relationship at a time.
- Learn how to create product lists
- Learn how to work with product relationships
- Learn how to create product categories
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇