How to configure date attributes in Plytix using standard formatting rules when importing and exporting
Dates are often written differently depending on region or personal preference. This article lists the format rules, explains how to configure your date attribute format for import, and explains how to configure the date attribute when sharing data.
ℹ️ In Plytix, all date attributes are displayed as [Month Abbreviation (Day), Year] (Ex: Nov 14, 2022) by default and can only be modified upon export.
*Skip to any section in this article by clicking on the links above
Date Format Tokens
Below is the list of tokens you can choose from when configuring a date attribute:
Configuring the Date Format for Import
When importing a CSV with a date attribute, you must define how Plytix should read that date.
To import a date attribute:
Follow the steps to import product data
During the matching process, match the date to an existing date attribute or create a new date attribute
You will see these settings:
4. In the "Date Format" field, type in the corresponding tokens to identify how the date is shown in your CSV file and how Plytix should read it. Separate the tokens using the same spacing character as in your CSV file (typically: - or . or / )
Configuring the Date Format for Export
Formatting the date attribute for output follows a similar process for Product Sheets, Brand Portals, and Channels.
- Follow the steps to creating or managing a Product Sheet, Brand Portal, or Channel and add the Date attribute you want to show.
- In the 'Attributes' tab find your date attribute.
- In the 'Formatting' column, you can see the current output format.
- Click on the 'Settings' icon that appears when you hover your mouse over the date attribute.
- Type in the new format tokens.
- Click 'Okay' and 'Save Changes' on your product sheet, brand portal or channel.
- Learn about attribute types
- Learn how to filter your products by attributes
- Learn how to use date formulas in computed attributes
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇