How to navigate the product overview page to see and manage all of your products
The Plytix PIM product overview page is a place you'll probably spend a lot of time within Plytix. It allows you to see and manage all of your product information in one place. Here, you can view of your products, sort by product family set unique product table views, and create product lists using attribute filters.
Product Family Selector
Products overview menu
*Skip to any section in this article by clicking on the links above
Products in Plytix
Products imported or created in Plytix can be found in the 'All Products' tab under the 'Products' section.
From the 'All Products' page there are 4 main sections:
The Filters menu makes finding and viewing your products quick and easy. From this menu you can view product families, filter through your products, save filters to a Smart List, or load a pre-existing product list.
Filtering through your products
Applying product filters can help you narrow down your search. As you select attributes and define filter conditions, products that meet them will appear in the product table on the right.
To apply filters to your product results:
- Go to the 'All products' page
- In the Filters menu on the left, click the '+' next to 'Attributes' or 'Relationships'
- Set the criteria for filtering.
- Click 'Apply filter'.
💡 You can use the 'and' or 'or' operators to set additional filter criteria to refine your search results.
ℹ️ To learn more about filtering products, check out our article Using Product Filters.
Product Family Selector
View products sorted by family by clicking on the 'Family' dropdown and selecting a family. If you wish to see products that are not part of a family, select 'Unassigned'. If you want to see all of your products, select 'All products'.
⚠️ Using this dropdown menu to select a family cannot be saved as part of a list view. If you want to save specific families as part of a list view, select the 'Family' attribute, the 'equal to' operator, and the family you want to view.
ℹ️ For more information about Product Families, click here.
Products Overview Menu
The product overview menu lets you:
- Search for a product in the table by the product SKU or label
- Configure the product table search bar settings
- Choose whether to view products in a list or in a grid
- Choose from three grid sizes (small, medium, large)
- Edit the product overview columns
- Create, update, or view table views
- Show or hide the Filters menu
- Create new products
The product table is where you can view all of your products, and their attributes in columns. Toggle the filter view on or off by clicking on 'Hide filters' or 'Show filters' at the top of the table. Adjust the number of products you see by clicking on the 'Results per page' dropdown in the bottom righthand corner.
The top righthand corner of the table features a search bar where you can search for specific products by label or SKU. You can search by other attributes if you choose to add them by clicking on the settings icon that appears when you hover over the search bar.
You can always add a new product by clicking on the '+ New Product' at the top of the table.
Clicking the ' + New Product' button will bring you to the new product screen. You are required to fill in the SKU and the label, but it optional to assign the product to a family.
When you are finished, click on 'Create Product' to be taken to the new product's detail page, where you can enrich your product with information.
With the list view, you can see up to 100 products per page. SKU is always shown in the first column, but all other columns can be rearranged to fit the order and size that works best for you.
You can also change the sort order of attributes with numerical or alphabetical values by clicking on the arrow that appears next to the column header.
Selecting one or more attributes in this view will cause the bulk action menu to appear at the top of the page. Here you have options to edit, export, add to list, link assets, assign a family or delete products.
The grid view is a great way to get a closer look at your products without visiting each product's detail page separately.
In addition to the thumbnail of each product, you'll see the SKU and the first four selected attributes for each product, which you can adjust by clicking on 'Edit columns' at the top. If the product has variations, you'll see a number next to a tag symbol in the top left corner above it's thumbnail (like the backpack in the image above).
Hovering over each product will show another menu, giving you options to open the product detail page in a new tab, duplicate the product, or delete it.
Just as in the list view, you can select one or more products. This will cause the bulk action menu to appear, as mentioned above.
With grid view, you'll notice that you can change the size of each product listing by selecting 'S' for small, 'M' for medium (default), and 'L' for large' so you can adjust how many products you see per row.
Selecting a product or multiple products will open up an additional set of six options for editing.
- Clicking on the 'edit' icon allows you to bulk edit attributes, relationships, and categories for multiple products. You may edit up to three attributes at a time with this method.
- Clicking on the 'export' icon gives you the option to export your selection as a CSV, XLSX, or PDF file, or to export only the associated assets.
- The 'Add to list' icon lets you add your selection of products to a static list.
- The 'Link assets' icon allows for bulk association of assets with products.
- The 'Assign Family' icon lets you assign products to a Product Family.
- Lastly, clicking on the red 'delete' icon will delete your selection of products from Plytix. To confirm, you'll need to type "DELETE."
💡 Note that if you select only one product from either list or grid view, an additional icon will appear. This is the 'Duplicate' icon, which allows you to easily create a new product by duplicating the information of an existing product.
- Learn about the product detail page
- Learn how to create and manage product families
- Learn about using filters to create product lists
If you have any questions just click on the chat box in the bottom-right corner and we'll be happy to answer them...
and please let us know 👇